A few days ago I was happily surprised to find I was nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!! The award is given to bloggers by bloggers and is mainly used as a way to connect with and support other bloggers! Acting upon nomination is also a great way to be discovered by those in the blogging community to grow a bigger, more active following. Being nominated by another blogger means they acknowledge your hard work and creative blog content you are sharing, it’s a huge compliment always to be nominated by your peers for your work. If you choose to act upon nomination you must answer the questions given to you from the person who nominated you, then choose 10 bloggers of your own to nominate and ask them 10 questions as well.
Before I begin answering my questions and delving into the business of the nomination, I wanted to take this time to reveal some facts about myself:
- My favorite color to wear is this deep, teal color I’m wearing in this gorgeous crochet, bell-sleeved dress. It brings out my blue eyes and I also just love how the deep color gives off a certain mysterious vibe.
- My favorite place to shop will always be Sewn Clothing Gallery, it holds some bias on my part because I have worked there for 2 years, but I absolutely adore the brands we carry and the styles we seek out for our customers. Its where I got these beautiful, teal, druzy hoop-earrings, gold bar choker and woven-texture booties. I’m constantly picking out things I wanna add to my closet while at work!
- I was voted ‘Most Fashionable’ my senior year in high school, which is pretty funny to look back on now that I’ve built a platform to portray and voice my style – something I would’ve never thought I’d have the confidence for.
- My best friend Keely takes most of my blogging pictures and is an amateur photographer with amazing talent, she’s also a makeup queen and I will continue to tell her she needs to make youtube videos because she’s constantly teaching me new tricks to try!
- I promised myself when I started my blog that I would not lose my voice and only describe my outfit to my readers. My blog posts will include my outfit details but also let you into my life a little bit. I’m here to tell stories, talk goals and upcoming life events, inform you on helpful tips I know of or learn about, and make a connection with my readers – I appreciate you all so much for following along with me. I hope overtime I get to know you guys as well!!
Whenever I was nominated by Kayla with Kaybella blog I jumped on the opportunity to become more involved and meet others bloggers similar to Kayla and myself! Kayla’s blog is beautiful and her posts are so helpful to read if you’re looking for solid fashion or beauty advice/inspiration. Her pictures are stunning and unique, the camera loves her! I just adored one of her recent blog posts, Midi Dress. She paired a gorgeous maroon midi dress with a denim jacket and a pair of Jack Rogers sandals and everything just worked. She found the prettiest spot for pictures, a scenic view of pretty waters, boats and a sunset. She’s always posting fun content and I’m so honored to have been nominated by her – you have to check out her blog!
Questions from Kayla:
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is writing about whatever it is that makes me happy. Whether its advice, hopes and aspirations, or the cutest pair of shoes I’ve found, I love having my own platform to voice these things.
What is your go-to Social Media platform and why?
Definitely Instagram!! I love to look at pictures or videos with a thoughtful caption, where as with other platforms you may only see what someone has to say (mostly complain about). Show me a picture of your puppy or your precious baby or your killer ootd, show me happiness – I wanna see it!
Where is your favorite place to visit?
A place I visit often and will always love is Possum Kingdom Lake. I grew up on the lake, it’s only 30 minutes from my families home in Graham and my dad has worked there for a majority of his life. I still spend summertime out there and as I’ve gotten older I still only have the best memories on the beautiful waters.
What is your advice for anyone starting a blog?
Go for it. There is no such thing as perfect timing, so don’t put it off thinking one day you’ll be less busy. Odds are you’ll pick up other things in new found free-time and you’ll never get started. When I decided to start style blogging it was an idea so full of heart and passion that I got started right away – no time to waste. I never looked back and I’m truly proud of myself for taking the leap.
What was the last blog post you read and loved?
The last blog post I read and loved was from Peyton with love ‘n’ labels. She wrote about her fitness routine and eating habits, which isn’t what you would’ve expected and that’s what I love about her blog. She is so real ya’ll – reading her blogs is like you’re sitting across from her having a conversation. She also writes about more than just the clothes she has on; she includes her real life, her goals, how she came to be where she is, and more! She keeps it real and interesting and from what I can see, she really cares to have a connection with her readers. I just adore her and I’m sure you guys would too!
What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal has always been an elephant, I used to collect glass elephants when I was a kid. The gentle giants are one of the most caring, emotional animals in the kingdom and their memory has always fascinated me, as someone who forgets a lot of things lol!
What is your favorite food?
I love pasta and I have an unhealthy obsession with Olive Garden and fettuccine Alfredo in general. Just give me all the carbs.
What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Honestly, blog. There’s nothing else I would rather be doing than writing a blog post or getting ready/shooting for a blog photoshoot. It’s all so fun to me, I’m very passionate about the whole process – in fact, I need to learn to turn it off and have a life outside of blogging – LOL.
What is your favorite song right now?
Oh gosh. Its hard to choose because I really do listen to a little bit of everything. Right now I’m loving everything Taylor Swift is putting out, I like her newest single Call It What You Want (judge me if you will for it, she’s still bomb).
What is your favorite movie that you can never get sick of watching?
I could never get sick of watching Mean Girls. As many times as I’ve seen it, I’ll still sit down, quote and watch the entire thing. It’s a classic!
I nominate the following 10 bloggers and I’ve linked their blogs as well so you guys can see just how darling they are:
Kennedy Kennedy Frazer
Victoria Glamour, Grace, Faith
Elyse With Some Flourish
Tyra and April blueviotletstyle
Claire and Rachel Styling Her
Tanya My Sunday Clothes
Meli Everything Meli
Kennedy Kennedy Petitfils
For those I have nominated, here are my 10 questions for you:
- What is one blog post written by you that you are most proud of, why?
- If you could take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- What’s one piece of advice you have for those just starting their blogs?
- Dream city – where would you love to live?
- Apart from blogging, what is one of your passions/hobbies?
- Which blogger has inspired you the most? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What inspired you to start blogging in the first place?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
If you have been nominated for the Liebster award by me and choose to accept my nomination be sure to make a blog post, following my format if you’d like, answering my 10 questions and nominating 10 new bloggers of your own. For official rules and information on the Liebster Award click here.